No fuel to engine

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Milton deal

No fuel to engine

Post by Milton deal »

Hey guys my 86 bronco 4by4 isn't getting any gas to the engine I can hear the fuel pump on the rail turning on and off but I don't think it's gettin any gas from the 1 in the tank it's been sitting for 7 years according to the guy I bought it from but I unhooked the line 2 the filter thing that is right before the pump on the rail to c if any thing was pumping but I got nothing I also unhooked the line to the engine and got the same result I've tried to sifen gas from the line on the rail but it didn't work so it might just b cloged but idk there r some wires that r cut in the engine but I don't think they have anything 2 do with the fuel system I'm at a loss of to do so any help would b nice......by the way it's a 2.9 liter v6 fuel injected engine :wtf:
Ranger Dave

Re: No fuel to engine

Post by Ranger Dave »

then the one in the tank isnt workin most likely. can ya hear the pump in the tank runnin
Milton deal

Post by Milton deal »

No all I can Hear Is the 1 on the frame rail.....but I found a cut wire that might go into the fuel injector but I'm not sure I'll fix it and let u no what happens
gsmeyersaz

Post by gsmeyersaz »

Check the inerta switch first! Maybe all you need to do is reset it. Then check the fuel pump relay. Then check the fuel filter (it may be clogged); the BII have one near the xmission. You can check the pump (in the tank) without dropping the tank (use an ohm meter to check resistance to the motor in the pump). Let me know if you need any help.
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

gsmeyersaz wrote:Check the inerta switch first! Maybe all you need to do is reset it.

the HP pump is workin
Milton deal

Post by Milton deal »

Ya I checked that and 2 day I unhooked the fuel line inbetween the hp pump and the filter and tried 2 pump some gas in just to c what would happen....the pump took a little gas but after 20 minetes of pumping I only had put an oz and a half of gas in it.....so then I checked the relay and it was good....I think I'll take off the filter in the frame rail 2c wat ut looks like cuz the lines may just b clogged after sitting so long
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

Milton deal wrote:No all I can Hear Is the 1 on the frame rail.....

The pump in the tank has to run,Hello
Milton deal

Post by Milton deal »

Ok guys some wierd stuff just happened.....I hooked up a line straight to the hp pump and it chuged for a bit then it died so after a wile of that I noticed the line that went 2 the fuel pump was leaking gas.... WTF....so I continued trying 2 run it out of the gas can hooked up to the fuel pump and finaly it started to idle.....I let it run till my friend came running towards me yelling" stop " I killed it and even more gas was coming out of the line so I hooked it all back up and tried to run it again out of the gas tank and god dam it works I don't no how it happened but the lp pump kicked back in I think it was all the cleener I put in der......the only isue now is that once it's idling half the time wen I put the pedal down it revs then dies.....the wierd part is that's only had the time
Milton deal

Post by Milton deal »

Alright I drained the dirty gas and it would start fine.....the rpms would steadily increase then decrease so I took it fir a drive down the street and it drove alright and reverse works to but goin up a small hill it just died and wouldn't start up....idk y it will run then when u put on the gas it dies
Dreded

Post by Dreded »

have you replaced the in tank pump yet?
4x4'ers Eat More Bush!
Milton deal

Post by Milton deal »

No not yet but I looked at the filter yesterday and it's dark brown so I'm going to take out the tank and cleen it up.....I can't replace the pump becuz I'm dirt poor but I will cleen every thing up in there
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

I had the same problem with my 95 f150 replaced the fuel pump boom it worked fine reason why its was dying is its was not getting enough.fuel and it would cut out also
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

Milton deal

Post by Milton deal »

well instead of buying a new pump i took out my tank.......the gas was black......there were handfulls of gunk at the botom.....and a layer of crap lining the tank about half an inch thick......so i cleened it up fixed my pump and reinstalled it.....but now theres zero fuel pressure even after i turn the pumps on and theres no fuel in the lines.........i think the filter on the frame rail may b clogged
Milton deal

Post by Milton deal »

o ya.....i cant manage to get the cap off of the filter duz any 1 have any tips or is there a trick 2 it