rebuilding a 302?

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
tekatlarge

Re: rebuilding a 302?

Post by tekatlarge »

101btp wrote:alright thanks : )

had another small setback today broke the timing cover taking the water pump off

Awwww CRAP! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: I have seen that happen and it just pisses a person off.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
101btp

Post by 101btp »

yeah it really did, I found one through summit for less than 70.00

I also think im gonna use the e6se heads (witch I will be porting out tomorrow) just for now just due to the cost of the drive train I think I will be able to get a adapter to use the stock t case in the Bronco II has any one used one?

and Im also trying to figure out the wiring for the distributor if I can use what was their for the old one in the 2.9l?
101btp

Post by 101btp »

ported 302 e6se cylinder head.jpg
so far.jpg
frame and body mount bracket.jpg
heres some of the pictures I made a bumper using 5" I beam and put the turn signals in it still not sure if I will be able to put a winch behind it? then theirs the one I had to modify the frame to fit the I beam and I made new stronger front body mount brackets then theirs the one of the e6se cylinder head witch I porter and polished most of it was polishing the intake and combustion chambers mainly needed polished but damn I was able to take at least 1/8" off the bottom of the exhaust ports and about 1/16 maybe just a hair more on each side the top mainly polishing

O the turn signals are just sitting their haven't had time to drill and tap them in
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

lets see the ports, ya dont wanna poilsh the intakes
101btp

Post by 101btp »

here are the exhaust ports hard for me to get a clear picture but here you can kinda see them
exaust ports.jpg
one thing that dose come in handy if you dont want emissions the e6se heads the port that runs through the head is taped at the end and will fit a threaded plug in just right that you can even put the emissions tube back over it so it will seem like no mods have been done

yeah engine will be seeing a lot of gloss black and lime green
101btp

Post by 101btp »

here is the old timing chain cover two of the old bolts sheered of and left a lot of the bolt on the holes to I thought why dont I just tap/pry it out so here's what happened
timing chain cover.jpg
101btp

Post by 101btp »

well over the weekend got the floor pan welded then got a two inch lift for the body put on also had to weld a patch on the frame where one of the mounts was at due to sever pa rust and got my engine a little more back together got a new intake in the mail i will try to get a pic on the engine tonight
floor pan.jpg

here is the engine so far still have a lot to do tho

engine so far.jpg
101btp

Post by 101btp »

well here is the c4transmision with bell housing, advanced adapter, and borgwarner 1350 t case o and i got the torque converter that went with it all for 450.00 but was a 650 mile or so round trip for picking it up. every thing seems to be in good condition from the looks so far still have to pull it all apart but t case shifts nicely transmission shifters spring back no play from the transmission input shaft of t case output shaft bell housing is iffy though their are a few not even hairline cracks on it but are now where close to any of the blot on areas im not sure what kind of power it will take? any ideas? i am able to get more pictures tomorrow if they are needed?
drive train.jpg