problems, problems, problems

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
timsmith

problems, problems, problems

Post by timsmith »

1988 b2 2.9 5sp. I had a new matched clutch set installed with a new slave cylinder. When I picked it up at the shop it ran fine, shifted fine, not as much clutch pedal as I would like but satisfactory. I have driven it about 200 miles and now the clutch has to be let out all the way to the top and it barely catches. I can barely push the pedal and it disengages the clutch. when I press the pedal and engage the gears it seems as though I have to give it a lrge amount of gas pedal to move. there is no grinding of any kind and like i said it worked fine when i picked it up at the shop. It had to be pressed about half way to the floor then. what is going on with this thing,,,,any help thanks tim
oneway

Re: problems, problems, problems

Post by oneway »

when this happens to motorcycles, it's usually the clutch cable...very loose. If it's too loose, the lever will hit the hand grip before the clutch is disengaged and gears shifted, esentially making the clutch inoperable. A too tight clutch cable would make it so the clutch lever wouldn't have to travel far at all and it engages as soon as the lever is being released. Neutral would be very hard to find and the bike would lurch forward as soon as it is shifted out of Neutral and probably stall if gas isn't given very quickly.

Could it be the same concept here...I dunno lol..
1990 Bronco II 4x4 2.9 auto
1999 Suzuki GSXR 750 (street & track - modded)
1997 Suzuki GSXR 600 (track only - modded)
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

take it back
wmmichael20

Post by wmmichael20 »

take it back or bleed the clutch slave cylinder out may be didnt get completely bled out and check the fluid level on the firewall
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

i wouldnt do anything,if ya do then the guy that put it in can blame you
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

take it back also if it has a slave cyl there is no cable to adjust... If taking it back is not a option then rebleed the clutch the reason for the large amount of fuel could be the gears not fully engauged worst case is a bad slave cyl ..... None the less if it was done by a shop there should be a warrenty on work and parts
oneway

Post by oneway »

ah hydraulic clutch. Those come on newer bikes....hence the reason I ride older ones lol
1990 Bronco II 4x4 2.9 auto
1999 Suzuki GSXR 750 (street & track - modded)
1997 Suzuki GSXR 600 (track only - modded)