won't kick over

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
fnlucky

won't kick over

Post by fnlucky »

okay it's getting fire to the number one cyl it's getting fuel checked the bleeder it won't kick over power is fine the starter was just changed I thought the other one went out only thing I can think is maybe a falty starter when it engages it's really loud with a thud noise...
tekatlarge

Re: won't kick over

Post by tekatlarge »

Ok did I miss something.. That post didn't really tell me anything. What is going on?
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

sorry bud let me explain what happened went out to start her this morning she would not kick over just a grinding noise... So I was thinking it was the starter so I got a new one from the parts store after I installed it tried to get her to kick over the starter made a loud clunk noise.. And she still would not kick over... I started running down the possible problem she's getting fire she's getting fuel just still won't turn over I'm not sure if it's a bad starter or maybe a bad flywheel? If it's the flywheel any way to check without pulling the tranny?
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

is the spacer inbetween the block and bellhousing,did you look at the teeth on the flywheel when the starter was out
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

nope I did not even think about doing that but as soon as it quits snowing and I can get out there I will I was looking forward to it's first snow run with it for me!
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

cabin crazy I decided to freeze my arse off to go outside and check pulled the starter flywheel is missing teeth called the local parts store and they have one on order no telling when it will be here though with the snow... Gur I hate waiting guess saturday it will be above freezing so least I can do is pull everything out