Rear liftgate Parts

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
vpisu4ever

Rear liftgate Parts

Post by vpisu4ever »

Hello, I recently purchased a 1984 Ford Bronco II, what a great truck! I need the internal parts and handle for the rear liftgate. I have tried local junk yards, no luck. Any suggestions where ,online or not, I may be able to find these items. Thanks
Cornhusker Brute

Re: Rear liftgate Parts

Post by Cornhusker Brute »

I might have what ya need. Email me and we can chat. elkhunt@windstream.net
Gerry

Re: Rear liftgate Parts

Post by Gerry »

A few years back I had to deal with a broken lift gate handle on my 90 EB BII--seems the design sort of allows you to turn it the wrong way even though there's a little arrow directing you to turn it to the right. To make matters worse the designers made that same handle the only one that you can apparently lift open the gate with so over time the wear and tear just takes its toll. I couldn't find a new parts supplier for this so I went online to a site that takes your info and puts it out to hundreds of wrecking yards all over the country. I heard back from several and finally chose one who shipped the whole mechanism to me. I installed it and it's still working fine; however, I am very gentle with it--turning it correctly then lifting the gate from the bottom, not with the handle.