ford wheels..

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
label_sk8er16

ford wheels..

Post by label_sk8er16 »

just bought an 88 bronco II, looking at a used set of ford wheels, was wondering how much ford deviated from there lug pattern? and possibly how to measure the lug pattern?. all the info i have is its a 15 inch ford rim,, thanks!
drofman

Re: ford wheels..

Post by drofman »

The measurement is 4 ½ on 5. 4 ½ is the distance between the studs and 5 is how many studs there are. How to measure the distance on a 5 lug you start on the top hole and going clockwise you would use a tape measure from the middle of number one hole to the middle of number 3 hole. You may have to consider your offset also. Offset is where the middle of the rim is.
wmmichael20

Post by wmmichael20 »

yep ford used a 5 on 4.5 lug pattern on the ranger,bronco 2 and the explorer, jeep aslo used the same lug pattern on the wrangler from 87-2006, the xj cherokee in all years of production and the grand cherokee also dodge used the lug pattern in the mid to late 70s on there half ton pickups.
label_sk8er16

Post by label_sk8er16 »

thanks! i went ahead and bought the wheels and tires, too good of a price to say no.. they are a different lug pattern tho.. its bigger, I'm planning on buying adapters for the hubs, the rims were on a 40's style Willy's and I'm assuming its the same lug pattern as a full size bronco or f150.. are the adapters a good idea or am i just wasting my time and money?
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

I have used Wheel adapters :redneck: on several street vehicles with NO problems. Mind you the street uses were on Volkswagen and an early model A wheel. I would hesitate to use them off road where the wheel and tire combo can get some serious stress. :eek:

I haven't even looked at the adapters sold today but would hope there better than the ones back in the 70's. :cool:
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast