87 bronco swap questions

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
esbadawd

87 bronco swap questions

Post by esbadawd »

ok i got a 87 ford bronco 4x4 automatic and the body is pretty whooped onit but i plan on taking car of that pretty soon when i put the body lift on btu i also got an older explorer 4x4 with a 4.0 its body is so gone it has wholes in every panel but the motor runs and drives also. someone told me i could put the suspension, motor, trans, and dash in it but ive never done this can anyone help me with what i should do i would like to be able to drive this for fun and back and forth to my college. what would i have to do to accomplish this swap.
esbadawd

Re: 87 bronco swap questions

Post by esbadawd »

also i got a question my brother is selling his jeep cherokee it has a 4.0 and its 4x4 i can get it on a good deal but id like to know what u guys think i should do the jeep runs and drives but the jeep is totaled he rolled it at jeep school but suspension and motor good should i get the jeep and sell the explorer for parts or use the explorer and forget aboutthe jeep
kieth

Re: 87 bronco swap questions

Post by kieth »

are you asking about swaping explorer motor, running gear, and dash into your bronco?
i did all that to my bronco but it was from a 93 ranger... i love how mine turned out.