new to the forums with an 87 BroncoII

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
jefe

new to the forums with an 87 BroncoII

Post by jefe »

Hey all. Thought I'd say hey since I'm new and spit out my first seriously basic question.

I'm new to the BroncoII game and these forums as I just picked up an 87 BroncoII for my wife to drive. She had one back in the day and loved it so I thought I'd get her one to relive the glory days.

I know nothing about the Broncos but man, I already love this thing and we've only had it for about a week or so.

Here's a little backstory on my first question:

It's an '87 4x4 BroncoII Eddie Bauer version, 2.9L engine.

The Bronco needed an alignment so I took it to a shop and they discovered that the passenger side radius arm, cross member and bushings had been pretty banged up and needed to be replaced. Since they wanted an arm and a leg for the labor, I opted to do it myself and have been going at it in the garage this weekend.

The shop that was going to align it found some used parts for me....but once I got the existing radius arm and cross member off the Bronco, I found out the used radius arm they got me was way too small. It won't even fit over the axle...not even close.

So now, I'm trying to figure out how I can go about getting the right parts....which I think starts with figuring out what body type our BroncoII is so I know what to ask for when calling around. But I'm at a loss on how to figure that out. The sticker on the inside driver door jam says body type:HK.

But the only versions I have seen so far are the Eddie, the XL, and the XLT. Are there others? Maybe the difference is they gave me parts from a 4x2, and not a 4x4, I dunno.

I'm also curious what other Ford models can swap parts with BroncoII's.

I really appreciate any helpful feedback that will get me going in the right direction. Thanks.

- jeff