Air Conditioning

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
drofman

Re: Air Conditioning

Post by drofman »

It’s always a good idea to suck down the system before you charge. Moisture kills if the system is open.
moogvo

Post by moogvo »

I know this is an old post, but the summer heat is here again! So I thought I would chime in. I am working on my B2 AC system. Honestly, the BEST way to convert your system is to remove the compressor and dump all of the oil out of it, clean out the lines and put it all back together using Ester oil, new O rings and retrofit it for 134A. BE CAREFUL NOT to buy the 134A that has stop leak in it. Just make sure you don't have any leaks while you have it apart. You DO need to replace the accumulator/Dryer. They are less than $30.00, so it is cheap enough to do.
Tom Moog

This post contains artificial watermark. Hold at angle to view.
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

303lithgow wrote:
Welding fool wrote:I'm glad that helped, now you say it ain't summer yet :wtf: Where the heck are ya? It's been in hitting the mid to high 90's around here for over a month.
I live in Woodinville, Wa which is near Seattle. Yesterdays low was 54 and the high was 61.

Both u guys shush its been 107 the last 2 days and no end in sight here my hubby owns a transmission shop no ac its a huge metal oven I work on cell towers holy crap talk about heat no shade I do have a nice tan now though ill make ya a deal ill swap you for a week lol pretty plz!
303lithgow

Post by 303lithgow »

fnlucky wrote:
303lithgow wrote:
Welding fool wrote: Both u guys shush its been 107 the last 2 days and no end in sight here my hubby owns a transmission shop no ac its a huge metal oven I work on cell towers holy crap talk about heat no shade I do have a nice tan now though ill make ya a deal ill swap you for a week lol pretty plz!
I look tan but upon close inspection you can see I just rusted. I'm at Lake Chelan, WA right now and its hotter than a firecracker.
1986 Bronco II, base 4wd, auto
1990 Bronco II, XLT, 5 speed
1970 F250 Camper Special
1967 Kit Companion Camper Trailer