BRONCO won't start

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
vj_m

BRONCO won't start

Post by vj_m »

88 bronco II 2.9 V6

Shes got no spark.... and I have fuel... and turns over....
She sat sense November in snow and was drivin before that....

whats wrong..? I tryed differnet plugs and cleaned the corosion off the distrubutor cap and rotory botton.... there was a bit of rust on them both..

and still nothing.........

Anyone got any Ideas???
fuse maybe..? somewhere..?
LilBronc

Post by LilBronc »

TFI mod on back side of distributor. Maybe coil on ds fender well. Or faulty wiring.
WWJD - Wheeling With Jesus Daily
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

the first thing you should probably do is check to make sure you are getting power to the coil. then check the primary and secondary resistance on the coil. if that checks out good you might want to pull the mod on the side of the distributer and have it checked at autozone. they will do it for free, but make sure they do it 2 - 3 times. sometimes it takes a few trys to find out its bad.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

How are you testing for spark?
vj_m

Post by vj_m »

I am testing for spark with a spark plug on the side of the motor pluged in to the wire.

Take a look here and see if anyone can come up with something..

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthre ... ost2736250

DBrown
Yes i checked that and iam getting power to the coil.
all that checks out good![/url]
Swamp_DONkEy

Post by Swamp_DONkEy »

ok, i think i got er... I got power to the TFI but no spark and i took the fuse thingy off and tryed it and still nothing.. it might be the TFI full of corrsion just like the distubor was! or just plain burned out

ok what i Need to know is if there is a Special tool to take that off or something..?
I was reading something and it said i needed a special tool >>

Can anyone scan me the page in the service manual that has this takin apart..? or how too?

thanks for any help!

VJ
LilBronc

Post by LilBronc »

Yes, special tool. Around $5 @ AutoZone. Ford ignition or distributor tool. Knurled handle w/5 mm thin wall socket and star tip. 2 bolts and pulls straight down from the dist base.
WWJD - Wheeling With Jesus Daily
vj_m

Post by vj_m »

Thanks... I'll see if i can get that today!

vj