86 b2 zero fuel pressure?

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Daehtop

86 b2 zero fuel pressure?

Post by Daehtop »

so about a week ago i was finally able to drive my b2 home from a friends, where i had been working on it finishing my 4-link in the front. it had sat for a little while with maybe a 1/4 tank of gas. when i got it i started it and it sputtered and took a sec but it ran and it was running good. so now my problem was on its first voyage out it did good. but when i first got it stuck it had started to run a little wierd and sputtering and what not. but after i let it sit for awhile it started up fine and it was good to go. then at the end of the trail it did the same thing. i could maybe throttle up to 1,200 or so and it would sputter. but i finanlly got it going again and after a little lurching down the road she started going again. so when i got it home i parked it and did some other stuff. then last nite i took it around and it ran perfect. not a problem. so i went to change my fuel filter this morning and when i started it it sputtered and ran like crap. i let it roll backwards down my driveway and it died in the middle of my road. and after it died it wouldnt fire. so after lurching it back up my driveway with it in gear. i replaced the fuel pressure regulator and bought a fuel injection pressure tester and then tested it and the dial didnt even move. when i checked my codes on the computer it came up with what i belive was a 14 (pip circuit failure) i dont know what that is. and a 33 which is the egr valve opening not detected. then at one point i thought it threw a 23 out there which is tps out of self test range. but i think i only read that once. i did the self test a few times to see what i came up with. so with all that can anyone help me? oh and could it be my interia switch? thats the only other thing i had messed with to relive the fuel pressure. could i just wire around the interia switch to rule it out?
KRE

Re: 86 b2 zero fuel pressure?

Post by KRE »

Do not wire around the interia switch, for any reason. You may forget doing it, and Death by fire is slow and Really Sucks

You can test the interia switch for power with a test light or meter. Check to see if you have power thru the switch. If yes then check both pumps, theres one in the tank, and one on the inside of the frame, under the drivers legs. There is also a frame mounted filter as well.