Water leaking inside?

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
joeyy

Water leaking inside?

Post by joeyy »

I'm not 100% sure where the water is coming from but it seems to be coming through the fire wall or from the drainage thing where the windshield wipers are. It just pours into my passenger floor and its always wet esp when its raining like it is now. I was just wondering if anyone had this same problem, my truck is an '87 Bii eddie bauer if that helps any?
kolton

Re: Water leaking inside?

Post by kolton »

i have the same problem with my 87BII

especially if your driving and make a left turn, it just POURS in through the air vent/filter/fan thing under the glove box in the firewall.
i think its a drain plug that is clogged in the vent in front of the windshield. so it fills up with water and comes in through the vent.
Shake and Bake
KRE

Post by KRE »

Most likely leaves and such, blocking the drains under the wiper area, common issue with large vents under wipers no matter the mfg, if you park under trees.
joeyy

Post by joeyy »

Ok, thanks glad to know its not just me, lol
jaydbaker

Post by jaydbaker »

Check the seal around the windshield my passenger floor fills after a hard rain because of rust under the trim around the windshield .
b2 bomber

Post by b2 bomber »

I had the same problem...cowl area.
markus

Post by markus »

I have exactly same problem, however I have had my windshield and seal replaced, cowl drainage holes are not plugged, and it still leaks. When I had the windshield replaced I told them about the leak thinking it was the windshield. They informed me that there is a common problem with the older b2 and rangers having a body seem that cracks and leaks making it appear that the windshield is leaking. However I have yet to be able to find this seem. I just checked my cowling drains one more time and they are not plugged up and the water continues to poor in!
Sorry I can not be of some help , if i figure out mine I will let you know
Bronc 2 84

Post by Bronc 2 84 »

My 84 BII has the same problem but it comes through the drivers side it does however leave on the passenger side to but very little.I haven't really looked at it so hopefully i can get it fixed soon .
1984 Bronco II