bronco II pissing me off, about 2 give up, graigslist it

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
damon

bronco II pissing me off, about 2 give up, graigslist it

Post by damon »

been through the whole fuel system and firing system, runs like sh!t when it warms up or under load, 15 mph max. please help
XR75ER

Re: bronco II pissing me off, about 2 give up, graigslist it

Post by XR75ER »

by firing system do you mean checking the plugs and wires ( have the plugs been changed lately? or the wires?) could be out of the firing order.
forman621

Post by forman621 »

I would recomend doing a fuel preassure check and make that when it runs bad you see that the fuel preassure is bad. should be btween 35-45 psi. I had the same problem and just recently got it fixed. I replaced the in tank fuel pump and it still is running good.
What do you mean, you have been through the whole fuel system? Something you can also do to keep the pumps on. to hotwire them so they stay on all the time so you can check for the noises from both pumps. there is a little red connector under the hood by the air box and it only has three wires coming off of it. All you have to do is find the ground wire, get a jump wire and ground it to the battery and your pumps will stay running. Let me know if that helps
90redb2

Post by 90redb2 »

my b2 was the same. it ended up being the injectors were all clogged up. i was getting good fuel pressure at the fuel rail but it was running like shit. i took it to a ford dealer and got an injector flush done and it was great after that. and it only cost me $60. hope this helps
303lithgow

Post by 303lithgow »

90redb2 wrote:my b2 was the same. it ended up being the injectors were all clogged up. i was getting good fuel pressure at the fuel rail but it was running like shit. i took it to a ford dealer and got an injector flush done and it was great after that. and it only cost me $60. hope this helps
My B2 was running rough but two tanks of Chevron solved that problem. And no I don't own stock in Chevron.
1986 Bronco II, base 4wd, auto
1990 Bronco II, XLT, 5 speed
1970 F250 Camper Special
1967 Kit Companion Camper Trailer
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Damon,
If you lived on this side of the hills near Kent, Heck I am sure we could work out some sort of swap trade thing for the repair on your B2. Unfortunately :frown: I am no longer setup for Long distance road repair trips. I used to know a really cute Redhead in Yakima :angel: I used to stay with when I did road work on the east side. Unfortunately she moved to Phoenix to get a real close to the desert about 4 years ago... :cool:
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
Falec70

Post by Falec70 »

if you want to sell it just mail me or we could trade, right now i am working on rebuilding my transmission. but i think that i am going to change my engine from the 2.8 to a 4.0 along with the transmission