emissions elimination

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
tickturd

Re: emissions elimination

Post by tickturd »

will someone move california over to pakistan where all the other annoying peoole are and then nuke it and turn it into a big shopping mall parking lot
Strokin76

Post by Strokin76 »

Dude,
I can tell your pretty uninformed. As I said, MOST vehicles don't reburn from the cat. Meaning they usually have a crossover from the manifold for this purpose, however, some do have a 1/2" pipe that runs from the cat back to the motor.
To be honest, I think you stumbled upon the wrong website, You should be over at www.iamawiner.com

Did I mention my rig is generally an offroad rig? and this post was generally for information from real people who really might have a f##kin clue? I was purely asking whether it would be HP benificial.
So maybe when you bring your BII in to be crushed, stay in the seat huh?
tonymasone

Post by tonymasone »

Our bronco's will get better mileage with the cats removed, because it increases exhaust air flow, and there isn't a post O2 sensor as with OBDII cars, think about it there's nothing telling your fuel injection system to do anything. My 2000 bmw M-Roadster has pre and post O2 sensors (before and after the cats), If you remove the cats on it you have to put a dummy plug on the secondary O2 sensor or it'll think your running too rich and either throw up a limp home mode (no power to speak of) or end up running really bad.