2.9-4.0 engine swaps with this article with 3.7-V-6

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
zookeyknee

2.9-4.0 engine swaps with this article with 3.7-V-6

Post by zookeyknee »

I just read an article on 2011 mustang in Car and Driver march 2010.In that article this realy cought my eye. It said quote "Ford heaped a lot of attention on the base Mustang,too,which at long last has ditched its ANCIENT Iron-block,4.0-liter V-6 for a new version of Fords thoroughly modern DOHC,3.7 liter V-6,WITH 310 Horsepower". Well "ancient cast iron 4.0-s swap with all our 2.9-ers out here seems to be a fairly easy drop in for most all B II-s.with doners being 92 and up rangers & explorers 4.0-s..The BIG question is . Are the Mustangs "ancient 4.0 iron V-6-s same as Explorer& Rangers???'And is the new 3.7 V-6 Doeable to "Drop in my 87 B-11?????wouldnt that be great. could forever trying to squeeze V-8s a moot point. Anyone checked feasability out.Any tech layouts compatabilities etc would be interesting to hear. Thanks in advance for donning your thinking caps for me. FORD MAN 45...