Body lift questions

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
BroncoBoy24

Body lift questions

Post by BroncoBoy24 »

If I get 2 inch blocks in the rear and 2 inch coil lift in the front do i need to buy a body lift to accomedate this?
1984 Ford Bronco II
1998 Nissan Frontier
http://www.youtube.com/user/bowmaster24?feature=mhw4
joeyy

Re: Body lift questions

Post by joeyy »

I personnally dont know, but i do know that these broncos arent naturally lower in the rear, and putting a 2 inch block in the rear actually will level it out for the front end. the rangers have those blocks stock, but for some reason they didnt put them on the broncos. When i get a better daily driver, i souping up the bronco and putting explorer axles on her, 2 inch suspension lift and 3 inch body lift then going to throw some super swampers on her and probably even drop in a 302 under the hood with a manual transmission, perhaps even cut off the back part to the cab and weld in a roll cage, but as for your question, again, idk if u would need a body lift, i wouldnt imagine so but i would let one of these more knowledgble guys talk to you about that.
BroncoBoy24

Post by BroncoBoy24 »

Ok thanks man. Can i ask your opinion on what i should do? I want suspension but im sticking to body lift. Could you put a link to the parts you suggest? Rear blocks, coil spacers, ect.
1984 Ford Bronco II
1998 Nissan Frontier
joeyy

Post by joeyy »

well, i havent actually looked into what specific parts i want. the auto part store where i live (Advanced auto parts) sells several different kinds of easy to do lifts, they have 2 inch blocks and 3 inch blocks that come with the U-bolts and everything you need for 20-30 bucks, then they have leaf spring shackle kits for like 25 or 30 bucks and leaf spring assisters for not much either. They also kinds all kinds of cheap coil spring lifts, but i wouldnt trust my life with those, i think it would be much too easy for those things to pop right out of the spring and there u just lost ur lift. advancedauto.com might have those on there if you dont have a store near you though if u want to do that route. otehr than that i havent looked into any type of sway bar adjusters or anything like that. i hear that a 2 inch rear is about all the farther you can lift these without having to buy a longer driveshaft.
BroncoBoy24

Post by BroncoBoy24 »

Wow nice thinking with the driveshaft factor. That never even crossed my mind. I want a 3 inch body lift or go with 2.5inch blocks and coil spring spacers in the front, but would i need center brackets that drop down to keep even suspension?
1984 Ford Bronco II
1998 Nissan Frontier
joeyy

Post by joeyy »

well like i said, u can actually see how the ass end sticks down lower than the front end, so a 2 inch block in the rear levels it out with the front, my friend who has a 1990 bronco II put a 2 inch block in the rear and didnt even touch the front and it looks fine.he also got rid of the 205/75/15 tires and threw some 235's on there which is what i want to do while its still my daily driver as far as drop down brackets goes u would need less of a lift in the front than in the back unless u like the look of the front being higher than the back
BroncoBoy24

Post by BroncoBoy24 »

Dang man i see what you mean about that rear end saggin. So should I just order a 2 inch block kit? Would it affect my driveshaft? Would i be about to fit 235/75/15's without rubbing at all?
1984 Ford Bronco II
1998 Nissan Frontier