1990 Bronco ii wont start

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Garcia831

1990 Bronco ii wont start

Post by Garcia831 »

ok were to start
on our last trip to the hills we took my bronco it was running pretty good at first, we drove for about an hour maybe and then we went in some mud pits. the water was not really that deep, but since my 4x4 was out at the moment i graved some speed to make it through, when i was almost out of the pit it died on me. i turned the key and it started. i got out of the mud pit and it started bogging on me. i thought maybe the cap and rotor/ wires got wet. we were on our way through a trail and it started getting worst and worst. finally it just died on me. it would crank over but that was about it. i pulled it back to camp and pulled it back home. i checked it and there is no spark. the motor turns over but it just wont start up. any ideas? the oil is clean no water or anything. i bought this as just a 4x4 toy, and i wanna go play in the mud again so i would like to get it running asap. thanks
clem

Re: 1990 Bronco ii wont start

Post by clem »

Do a general tune up, there is nothing lost in doing that, plugs, cap and button. If that doesn't do it go after the ignition module. If you have a tach and it doesn't move when you turn it over I think that is a sure sign of an ignition module problem, so I'm told. Good luck -Jeff
'87 bII d44,9",np435/205and a 302 ( on hold)
'73 vw bug
'70 vw camper van
'98 jeep tj
2010 ranger
'56 international s110