Engine additives

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
justinaron

Engine additives

Post by justinaron »

Has anyone tried any additives that fix blown head gaskets/ cracked heads... do any of them work? Which one is the best for the money :eek:
tekatlarge

Re: Engine additives

Post by tekatlarge »

Gather round boys and girls. What I have here is a 1 quart of genuine 100% Pennsylvania grade chemical friction reducing seal repairing and piston ring and head gasket re seating oil additive.

I quart is guaranteed to completely overhaul your engine and polish the valve covers and refurbishes the electrical system. This fine product can be had at your local auto supply and beauty salon stores every where. Just ask for it by name: Uncle Tek's organic mechanic in a can.
Suggested retail price is $99.99 This week on sale for $18.47
Hurry before the Supply runs out.

In other words NO
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
drofman

Post by drofman »

I seen a friend of my Dads make it home on a trip when he used powered egg whites but thats about all I would use in a pinch. TO MAKE IT HOME. He also showed me the piece of wood in a leaking freeze plug and I have used that on a few rides to make it home. I'm a newbee here but I'm starting to like tekatlarge.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

There are some products like that I might use in a very dire situation. These are strictly emergency fixes.
Bars Leak rabbit turds in milk for cooling system seals, then you run with the radiator cap loose. Rope for emergency belts like to keep the water pump turning. I once ran a rear end with a quarter sized hole in the back of the housing for months! I fixed up a patch of cloth, cardboard, electrical tape and sealed with duct tape

There are a million things to make an Emergency repair but I never have added any miracle fluids myself.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
dragster557

Post by dragster557 »

I have used k&w block seal with good results.But a lot of people use blue devil and swear by it.But it cost around $50.
clem

Post by clem »

Tek, I'll take two cans, if you can guarantee it's organic, I only use organic stuff.
'87 bII d44,9",np435/205and a 302 ( on hold)
'73 vw bug
'70 vw camper van
'98 jeep tj
2010 ranger
'56 international s110
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Oh most assuredly Clem,

Mah Stuff is guaranteed to not have any of them foreign particulates. No additives. Why it is so pure we pour it right out of the side of a mountain in Pennsylvania. We got a big ol pipe and we just fill them jars up full. Oh yeah I mean we have a spigot to fill the sealed metal containers full of that Pennsylvania grade goo.

Two quarts on there way to ya Clem. be sure to drink it easy er I mean pour carefully.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington