Door Handle Fix

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Blue8844

Door Handle Fix

Post by Blue8844 »

Hey everyone,
I recently purchased an 89 4x4 Bronco II at first as a fixer upper, but it's turned into a keeper after quite a few fixes. I love it! There is one thing that is bothering me as I'm sure it has with all of you. The arm rest or door puller on the passenger side has basically fallen apart from use. The plastic that holds it down is cracked as well as the foam. The previous owner obviously replaced it once, and I've seen the same problem repeatedly on early 90s Ford Rangers. I would purchase a new assembly and put it in, but I believe that would be a temporary fix. Is there any sort of fix that would hold down more permantly? I was thinking about a metal replacement for the plastic, but I'm not sure if there's anything out there to that standard.

Thanks for all your help AND AWESOME SITE! I will submit some pics after I lift it a bit and put on some mudders. Should probably pay for college first, so it may be a while :tongue:

Andrew