fuel issues

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
fixxer upper

fuel issues

Post by fixxer upper »

okay i have a 86 bii she has 4x4 2.9.she was parked for about five years on jack stands front axles needed u joints. well i just put her back on the road about five months ago. the body is pretty good on her little rust here and there. but my question is going down the road she will start hesitating and some times shut off. i have replaced the tfi module re wired all the relays changed the fuel pump on the rail. she was rrunning great for about two weeks then she did it again now the problem is the fuel pump atleast on the rail wont charge. but the wierd thing is when i let it sit for about 24hours she will fire right back up i cant figure it out what would cause the fuel pump to shut off then work after about 12 hours. i am running out of ideas
dub2bronco2

Re: fuel issues

Post by dub2bronco2 »

i had a kinked fuel line, and crap in the lines. wouldnt hurt to clean out the lines and or filters. excess strain on the pump?
drofman

Re: fuel issues

Post by drofman »

will it run on spray cleaner or wd40 when it dies. you can tell if it's gas or something else. i had a rear pump that the pick-up hose off the sender in the tank was soft and it would run then die and 15 mins later it would feed the front pump. only when it was a 100 outside. it made a 4 hour trip into a 8 hour trip but i made it home. changed the rear pump and its good.