88 B-II Hesitation/Power Loss (Updated 4/13/2010)

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Ranger Dave

Re: 88 B-II Hesitation/Power Loss (Updated 4/13/2010)

Post by Ranger Dave »

Ranger Dave wrote:try a different computer

i had the exact same problen with my 88. i changed the computer its been fine ever since
303lithgow

Post by 303lithgow »

Annie Oakley wrote:......I thought it might be bad fuel, so I ran 2-3 tanks of good fuel (including premium) through the tank...
The BII computer is setup to run on 87 octane and anything higher fools the computer and actually makes the BII run worse.

I don't think thats your problem here but just thought I would mention it.
1986 Bronco II, base 4wd, auto
1990 Bronco II, XLT, 5 speed
1970 F250 Camper Special
1967 Kit Companion Camper Trailer
dgl6y6

Post by dgl6y6 »

I Know this thread is old but I guess ill post this here anyway.
Ive been having some weird problems similar to the ones described here. I replaces the IAC but I still have the same intermittent low idle. It never happens while driving and once it starts i can give it some gas and it stays running and usually goes back to idling normally. if i do nothing the RPMs will drop untill its almost dead then fire up to 1000 like i hit the gas. It will do this a couple times then completely die. Then it starts and idles just fine again.

My question is about BerryBros4X4s post. He said the computer only checks the map once when you cycle the key and then again every time you hit WOT. I don't know if this is normal but if i ever pull off the vaccum line to the MAP the engine dies immediately like turning off the key.

My timing is at 12', (i know its supposed to be 10 but it just seems to run better this way) It does change slightly, like plus or minus 2 degrees, while idling. I always assumed this was normal but Im so stumped with this problem that im starting to question things i though i knew.

Does anybody have links to testing procedures for all the sensors so i could test them with and ohm meter?