drive shaft

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
hammer back

drive shaft

Post by hammer back »

i have a 88 bll with the junk drive shaft i went and got one from a j/y and its the same thing could it be aomething else it sounds like a bad cv but the new has good boots and everything
Ranger Dave

Re: drive shaft

Post by Ranger Dave »

flip around, see it the noise is still there. just cause the boots arent ripped doesnt meen there good
hammer back

Post by hammer back »

i got a needle for a grease gun i put lucus #2 red in there. and it seems to be fine for now but man those drive shafts are hard to find when this one goes out ill have one made
tonymasone

Post by tonymasone »

i had the same problem 2 weeks ago mine went out, had to replace it with a used cv style, sucks because the U-Joint style all the parts stores have you replace it with is so damn expensive
RClem

Post by RClem »

You haven't bought a new CV joint drive shaft yet, they are about the same price as the u-joint style.
There are many advantages to installing a u-joint drive shaft, the most important being the ease of replaceing the joints when one breaks or starts to go bad. the main reason for the u-joint shaft being better, it is really tuff to repair a CV joint on the trail when they do this:
Plus the new CV is about 5 time the cost of a set of u-joints.

Ray
hammer back

Post by hammer back »

i was wanting to get a u-joint shaft but a j/y close by had a stock one i figure it will get me through turkey season