exhaust manifold leak

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
oneway

exhaust manifold leak

Post by oneway »

I have a ticking sound only during acceleration. Doesn't seem to affect anything really - just annoying and prolly the reason behind some sucky gas mileage.

how much is the cost to replace the gasket? is it worth it? Engine doesn't over heat - no knocking or pinging or anything else besides the tick sound when i accelerate. You don't hear it when in Park and rev it though.....
1990 Bronco II 4x4 2.9 auto
1999 Suzuki GSXR 750 (street & track - modded)
1997 Suzuki GSXR 600 (track only - modded)
oneway

Re: exhaust manifold leak

Post by oneway »

hrrmmm jus did a search and do you really have to drop the engine?? :flipoff: lol - fuck that i'll deal with it....it goes away when i get above 45mph anyway lol
1990 Bronco II 4x4 2.9 auto
1999 Suzuki GSXR 750 (street & track - modded)
1997 Suzuki GSXR 600 (track only - modded)
drofman

Re: exhaust manifold leak

Post by drofman »

Don't have to drop the motor. I did a ton under warranty and it alway seem like it was the right side. Can get most of them thur the fender well and a good air rachet and a wobbley will get the rest. If one breaks then the fun begins. I have miged a nut on the broken piece and the heat seemed to loosen it a bit and if your a cheap bastard you can get it milled but you'll probaly need a chevy manifold speader to get it back on.