Chevy 63" leaf springs in a bronco II

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
87xjmike

Chevy 63" leaf springs in a bronco II

Post by 87xjmike »

anybody make it work before? i need more travel but don't have the money to link it yet. It looks like the front main eye would hit the body mount with our frames.

http://www.therangerstation.com/Maga...vy_springs.htm

want to do what was done above to the ranger. but i don't think that'll work with our frames. I need to keep my leaves out board at the moment so coming under the frame is not an option.
Ranger Dave

Re: Chevy 63" leaf springs in a bronco II

Post by Ranger Dave »

- Page Not Found -
RClem

Post by RClem »

Maybe this is what you are referring to: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_li ... _leaf.html
I have my doubts you can do this on a stock B2 because of the body, but it might be possible if you use a shorter shackle or do a body lift.
You will also notice this fellow has had the springs re arched which moved the eyes closer together.
I don't understand the problem you refer to with keeping the springs out board of the frame, B2 frames are near the same width full length, anyway mine is.

Ray
clem

Post by clem »

I looked at this as well, even got a set of chevy springs, then seen how it was going to hit the body mount. I though of building a body mount/spring hanger from scratch but ditched the idea when I noticed the main leaf was cracked.
'87 bII d44,9",np435/205and a 302 ( on hold)
'73 vw bug
'70 vw camper van
'98 jeep tj
2010 ranger
'56 international s110