voltage draw in lighting sys

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
drofman

voltage draw in lighting sys

Post by drofman »

i have a 88 bronco 2 that kills the battery after 3 days. i've norrowed it down to the lighting system (unhooked the fuse link) and it's between the fuse link and the light swt. does anyone know where it might chaf here before i start ripping the wire loom apart? it must be barely rubbing. thanks
drofman

Re: voltage draw in lighting sys

Post by drofman »

oh, and i've deleted the door lock curcuit on that curcuit, replaced the battery, unhooked the alt and alarm sys, replaced the muti-function swt (still can get it from napa) still have draw
drofman

Re: voltage draw in lighting sys

Post by drofman »

Just to let someone know if they have the same problem I found my draw. After cutting wires and following the curciut (thank gosh I kept the wiring dia. from the last Ford dealer I worked for) I found that the lumber support curcuit fried my fuse block. Looked good from the front and didn't pop the fuse link but was enough to kill the battery. Glad I bought that $50 BII sitting in my back yard. By the way, I have 317,000 on this ride and the heads have never been off and the sqeeze is still good. Keep on changing that oil