302 motor

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
broncofan

302 motor

Post by broncofan »

ok, so a 302 bored 40 over is a what? got a chance to buy one, rebuilt 6 mos ago for a 91 gt for $100.00 guy says its gt 40 heads, forged pistons , high volume oil pump, dual sump oil pan, no cam or intake, was fuel injected he wants the intake. can the motorcraft 2 barrel from the v-6 go on with another intake, or just get a different carb. what kind of cam, regular or rv? He,s got it apart now but will re-assembly at no charge. also anybody ever do the c-4 swap with advance adapters parts? any suggestions appreciated. thanx
2013 Taurus SHO LMS V11 tune, 06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition,03 Mustang GT Conv, 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2, 84 BII
RClem

Re: 302 motor

Post by RClem »

About 307.5 cubic inches.
First question is, why is it apart if it was just rebuilt 6 months ago?
So far as I know, the stock intake will bolt on with the carb and work fine.
Stock everything should be all you need, only you can determine what you need.
Be aware that the C4 and C5 are both 3 speeds, no overdrive.
Normally I refrain from telling people this, but I don't remember where I read the article about
the use of the Advance adapter for the C4 conversion,
so you will have to do some researching unless someone chimes in with the info.

Ray
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

broncofan wrote:ok, so a 302 bored 40 over is a what? got a chance to buy one, rebuilt 6 mos ago for a 91 gt for $100.00 guy says its gt 40 heads,
A complete 302 for a 100 bucks is a good deal if it has NO problems.
On thing, Everybody claims to have a set of GT40 heads. They are not cheep! You need to check casting numbers and measure the intake valves. They should be 2 inches in diameter to be GT40 heads. as for everything else you need to decide where you want your power at do you want low end grunt or do you want power up top. As for intake, Any ford 302 intake will work.

Good luck and remember BUYER BE WARE!
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
scotty boi

Post by scotty boi »

ive got a edelbrock 289 high rise intake a radiator, edelbrock chrome valve covers and there gaskets, distributor, waterpump, and the thermostat gooseneck for the 302 if your wanting the extra parts to put on... radiators new, the distributor i had given to me and was told it worked fine, valve covers are refurbished the water pump is new and the aluminum edelbrock intake is refurbished and has no leaks cracks or holes in it

email me at scott.hayden31@yahoo.com if you are interestedvery cheap they have been sitting around and i want them gone
broncofan

Post by broncofan »

Thanx, I will contact you. Still trying to get all the parts before I start. I guess no one has done the c-4 swap yet. I looked on advances web site, they dont even offer the kit anymore. I still need to call and make sure though. i guess i'll do the T-5 or manual from a f-150, started checking on that too. Lots of stuff needed for that swap too. Wish ford had just put a v=8 in them to start with. Thanx for the info and help, its really appreciated.
2013 Taurus SHO LMS V11 tune, 06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition,03 Mustang GT Conv, 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2, 84 BII