Temp gauge not working

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
bIIcool

Temp gauge not working

Post by bIIcool »

I have a 1990 bronco II 2.9 4x4. Recently I just replaced all my fuel injectors to increase my fuel performance. After i put everything back together I noticed that my temperature gauge no longer works it stays pegged at below zero. Before the injector change it worked fine. I have since replaced the temperature sensor and confirmed that the wires connected to the jack were still ok. I tested the old temp sensor and it appears to work ok. testing resistance I see a resistance change the hotter it gets. After all this my gauge still does not work. Does anyone have any idea as to why this would suddenly just stop? Any suggestions?
ranger5.0

Re: Temp gauge not working

Post by ranger5.0 »

I would look at the wire itself (if it is broken) or see if the engine to body ground was hooked back up.
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
oneway

Re: Temp gauge not working

Post by oneway »

i am experiencing this issue as well. my temp gauge will go up just above the C and then randomly drop back down below the C while driving or it just won't move at all. Is this just a thermostat issue or something else like a temp sensor? Engine coolant and radiator have no leaks and the fan works fine.

can anyone post pics of where the thermostat is or where the temp sensor is? If you can point me in the right direction for a service manual, that would be great....or some kind of microphiche.

thanks
1990 Bronco II 4x4 2.9 auto
1999 Suzuki GSXR 750 (street & track - modded)
1997 Suzuki GSXR 600 (track only - modded)