idividual or kit components

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
OCD4B2

idividual or kit components

Post by OCD4B2 »

Ok, i was wondering if buying a suspension lift or purchasing seperate components one after the other was right. I have looked at skyjacker's components and wondered if i can "make my own." If I buy new coil springs, radius arms, shocks and leaf springs would it all add up?
230,000 miles and she still turns heads
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

you would probably end up pay'n more due to all the seperate shipping, and tax. do you want to run the ttb stuff? if so i'd try to find some used suspension parts. i think Nobody has some lifted leaf's for sale. there is also some bII stuff on PBB. you can definetly save yourself some buck's. that way you wont feel so bad for spending all that money on new stuff after you decide to do a solid axle swap next year. :finger:
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

I agree 100% don't spend alot......
if I could do it over again I would just start with the SAS you would come out ahead in the long run. the one thing I did benifit from all the swapping around was I got to see the beifits of all the different options. but it can be a costly lesson.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com