Wheel Spacers

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
tydaug

Wheel Spacers

Post by tydaug »

I noticed yesterday that my front tires have rubbed my front swaybar. They're a little bit bigger than stock (275 instead of 235) ? I plan on going bigger.
I read in some other post that wheel spacers put a LOT of stress on lugs. makes sense.. oww wheel adapters seem like a tighter fit, but then i need new rims... not yet.
what happens in the front hubs (manual) when you put spacers in there?
Has anyone used spacers, or suggest a part? I like the though of having a little wider wheel base
I think maybe the trucks missing steer-stops b/c when it turns all the way, the steering pump shoots fluid out and it screeches real bad.
Ranger Dave

Re: Wheel Spacers

Post by Ranger Dave »

take the sway bar off. stock tires arent 235's. get a wheel with less offset. the spacers will put more strain on the wheel bearings
tydaug

Post by tydaug »

yea, I took a look at the actual numbers.... original was 195, now i got 235.

As for the sway bar coming off... that will get it out of the way, but makes me think another plus and minus. Won't it increase flex but make a floaty ride on the highway?
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

orignal size were 205
Attachments
Picture 462.jpg