Bronco Crash....Need Ur Opinion

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.

What should I do?

Buy another Bronco 2, with a good body, that needs some parts
83%
Fix the parts on the Bronco (Radiator, Fan, Possibly the Drivetrain)
17%

Total votes: 6

Bronco_D

Bronco Crash....Need Ur Opinion

Post by Bronco_D »

I have a 1989 Ford Bronco 2, with a 6 cylinder 2.9 Liter engine, that I totaled in a car crash. Front end damage (need new fan and radiator, but engine and trans are still alive), the steering wheel is bent forward, steering column plastic is broken (where my knee smashed it open), and a cracked windshield.

I was hoping to get some opinions :idea: as to which would be the cheapest way to fix this prob.

I've attached some photos of the vehicle.

Thanks,
-Bronco_D :D
Totaled Bronco :P
Totaled Bronco :P
broncowreck 044.jpg
broncowreck 046.jpg
Bronco 2....What more needs to be said?
Dreded

Re: Bronco Crash....Need Ur Opinion

Post by Dreded »

Buy a used BII with a blown motor really cheap and swap the motor... THe Frame is going to be bent on that one and its not worth the headache
4x4'ers Eat More Bush!
clem

Post by clem »

That will rub out :D . Glad you didn't get hurt :cool: I'd use it as parts. :canada: :redneck:
'87 bII d44,9",np435/205and a 302 ( on hold)
'73 vw bug
'70 vw camper van
'98 jeep tj
2010 ranger
'56 international s110
billybodank

Post by billybodank »

I think you should definately get another B2 and use that one for parts. Or just swap out the motor.

How'd you do that geez. it looks like it would have hurt.
:beer:
Bronco_D

Post by Bronco_D »

billybodank wrote:I think you should definately get another B2 and use that one for parts. Or just swap out the motor.

I rear-ended a Dodge Durango w/ an extended trailer hitch. I looked at the radio for one second and when I looked back the truck was there. I slammed on my brakes, but it didn't stop in time. The guy must've came out of a drive-way when I wasn't looking or something. I'm the only one that got an injury (broken kneecap), but I'm walking right now. Them Broncos are built tough, that's definitely evident in this incident, because I had no airbags and a faulty seatbelt and I'm still alive :)
Bronco 2....What more needs to be said?
forman621

Post by forman621 »

i think it depends on how bad the frame is bent and if you want to put time into repairing it.
tydaug

Post by tydaug »

wow...didn't break the headlight plastic. BUILT FORD TOUGH
billybodank

Post by billybodank »

Bronco_D wrote:
billybodank wrote:I think you should definately get another B2 and use that one for parts. Or just swap out the motor.

I rear-ended a Dodge Durango w/ an extended trailer hitch. I looked at the radio for one second and when I looked back the truck was there. I slammed on my brakes, but it didn't stop in time. The guy must've came out of a drive-way when I wasn't looking or something. I'm the only one that got an injury (broken kneecap), but I'm walking right now. Them Broncos are built tough, that's definitely evident in this incident, because I had no airbags and a faulty seatbelt and I'm still alive :)
yeah man if you take care of em, they'll take care of you.
BUILT FORD TUFF!
happy to know that you doing better now.
:beer: :beer: