Front end question

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
tydaug

Front end question

Post by tydaug »

My truck is doing this, and since noticing, I've seen other fords acting the same.... When the wheels are turned, the outside tire leans outward causing the outside edge of the tire to wear faster than the inside. I just put new wheel bearings in it, but like I said, the tire physically leans when the wheels are turned either way. any ideas?
tekatlarge

Re: Front end question

Post by tekatlarge »

First thing I would ask is What type of truck and front end are you using and how is it set up. That would be the most vital info we would need to look at the problem.

Just guessing it could be any one or all of these possible problems:,There could possibly be a caster problem, or maybe ackerman issue or something simple like a worn king pin!
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
tydaug

Post by tydaug »

'88 Bronco II, Stock front end.
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

My 88 B2. all the ones ive seen do it
Attachments
MVC-004S.JPG
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Dave is right all of the rangers / BII'S do this to differing degrees. :eek:

If you are completely stock with no lift I would suspect your wear issue was a combination of caster/camber differences between wheels. :hmmm:

That you say this is only one tire is wearing I would say Caster/camber is off. :wtf:

Take your BII to a "Good" alignment shop and tell them you want a 4 way alignment. When they are done I bet your tires will wear properly. I want to also note that when you have the front end aligned it is always advised to have both front tires either new or worn evenly on each wheel. :beer: :beer: :beer:

When the alignment shop will let you know if they find any problems like something worn out or bent or damaged. :puke:

Good luck on your endeavors!! :cool:
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
tydaug

Post by tydaug »

Bad design by ford..... guess I have to drive a little differently. lol

alignment is probably a good idea, but if i get my way and stop driving this truck to work and back, I might skip that step, since dirt doesnt wear tires out!! :D