IT WON'T START !!!!

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Born Again B2

Post by Born Again B2 »

:confused: Well, back to square one. The injectors checked out good. I can only guess that the computer is not telling them to fire, even thou I get a pulsateing lite when I crank the motor over. There is one strange thing thou, when the motor is crankeing over fast, the lite only pulsates about every second. You would thing that it would be pulsateing faster than that. I spend the day going over everthing again, but keep getting the feeling that its some small thing that I have forgotten. Iam getting so that I know every wire in the harness. I think I need to give it a rest for awhile. :hmmm:
84 B-2. 4.0, Headers,Cam,Nitros,Ported Heads, D-35 & 8.8 with 31 spline axels, 4.56 Gears, Detriot Lockers. Built C-5.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

:idea:

I've got it! How about the nuetral saftey switch or lack there of? I'm sure you've thought of the inertia switch.

I remember helping a friend swap his cherokee motor. Wouldn't start. Couldn't get the fuel pump to run. 3 of us looked that thing over for days before we finally found a disconnected plug behind the windshield washer bottle :rolleyes: There is hope!
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

the inertia switch is a good idea, I would try that first. then check the pressure on the rail. if the pump is not working their will be nothing their. bad regulator???? could be letting all the fuel go back into the tank threw the return line.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Born Again B2

Post by Born Again B2 »

:frown: I took care of the nuetral safety switch on both the clutch pedal and transmission. Also the inertia switch. One of the other members thinks I might have a short in the harness. So I will take the harness apart and see if I can find any thing. :hmmm: Right now, Iam burned out, and am going to take a couple days off to recoop. :cool:
84 B-2. 4.0, Headers,Cam,Nitros,Ported Heads, D-35 & 8.8 with 31 spline axels, 4.56 Gears, Detriot Lockers. Built C-5.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

You're not done yet.....

What tranny/transfercase did you use?

There is a plug that goes from the frame to the tranny/case. Part of the nuetral safety circuit is there, and needs to be bypassed if you're not using the plug.

Like the injectors, I think the chances of a short in the harness are very slim.

I think it's time to beak out the schematic. You're overlooking something.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

is the pump getting power?
did you hot wire it or just wire it into the harness?
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Born Again B2

Post by Born Again B2 »

:cool: O.K., I got my head back togeather now. Took a couple days off and went to the river to rest :D Iam useing the B2's 1350 tranfer case and C5 transmission. I had a 5 speed and electric shift 1350 in the Ranger. I found the neutral clutch and transmission wires, but I didn't check the electric shift for any neutral wires, because I didn't think the electric shift had any. I will get under there tomorrow and check it out. Thanks
The fuel pump is a Holly 60psi. pump that I have been useing for 3 years now. It has always used two of the wires in the harness that went to the old pump.