No Fuel Pressure

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Trigger_2001

No Fuel Pressure

Post by Trigger_2001 »

I have an 1988 Ford Bronco II with a fuel injected, 2.9 liter engine that has sat for six years. I had it running at one point, but now it refuses to start. I have drained the "varnish" from the tank and put in a new fuel filter. It ran for a while after that, but then it refused to start for at least an hour afterwards every time I did run it. After this, I put on a new fuel pump. This model has two, one in the tank, and one on the frame rail. I replaced the one on the frame rail. I know fuel is getting past the pump because I checked. Any ideas??
The Bronc Rider (is only 15!!)
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

hey Trigger_2001 you might want to try replacing the inertia switch. i would amagine you have one b2 and fullsize's are nearly the same. it's a little safety switch that shut's off the fuel pump in a wreck to reduce the chance of fire or explosion. i've encountered a similar problem myself today big bronco left me standed at work today. turn's over strong but would'nt start. i have a filling it's the fuel pump im not getting any fuel on the fuel rail. good luck
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

check your coil, plugs, plug wires, and your codes.
if you know you are getting fuel then it has to be in the ignition or engine control.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Trigger_2001

Post by Trigger_2001 »

I did all of the ignition work. i know fuel is getting past the pump. I've pushed the switch. Could that still be it?
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

I've pushed the switch. Could that still be it?

yes im not sure how to test it yet but im hoping to find out soon. my junk wont star either. i think it's the switch or the fuel pump. i'll let you know when i find out.
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
Trigger_2001

Post by Trigger_2001 »

Figured out part of the problem. NO power to the pump. Now i just have to trace everything down and figure it out. checked the fuse box and got power there. where do i go?????
Trigger_2001

Post by Trigger_2001 »

:wtf: I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT!!!!!!! I don't know WHAT wire is not working. The haynes manual can't help. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

try jumping the wires to the inertia switch. just pull the plugs and put a jumper wire in. if that works you found the problem just dont leave it like that.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com