5.0 Install

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
onewontwo

Re: 5.0 Install

Post by onewontwo »

Yes, it does have roller lifters. I knew it was a HO motor, just didn't know the year.

Thank you for that information.
onewontwo

Post by onewontwo »

I'm going to paint my tranny and t-case adapter this color orange. This was just a test paint to see how it looks. I'm not sure about the bell-houseing and t-case yet. Let me know what you think.
onewontwo

Post by onewontwo »

Here are some pics of my progress with the motor. Almost there! The upper intake isn't bolted on yet. I need a different fuel rail and injectors. That's basically just for show.

Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I need to start paying more attention to this forum. You are going to love that engine!
onewontwo

Post by onewontwo »

My project has been put on hold. My wife is pregnant and we are building a house.

I only need a clutch, computer/ harness, fuel rail/ injectors. If anyone can help me out with these parts that would be great. Don't have time for the junkyard and I check e-bay everyday, but the prices climb to high.

If I install the motor now will I be able to install the clutch and bell housing later or will it be too tight? I just hate letting things sit around and I really want to work on it.

Thanks everyone for helping me get this far.
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

onewontwo wrote:
If I install the motor now will I be able to install the clutch and bell housing later or will it be too tight?
yes you can
onewontwo

Post by onewontwo »

Is there a way to tell if my distributer is from a carbed or EFI motor? The intake wasn't on the motor when I got it and the guy I bought it from gave me wrong information to me before so I just want to double check it.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

to be honest, I wouldn't chance it if you are not sure. distributors are cheap. I would just go buy a new one that is the right application.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
clem

Post by clem »

Looks like a ignition module on the front, so I would think it is a FI distributor, just a though. :canada: :redneck:
'87 bII d44,9",np435/205and a 302 ( on hold)
'73 vw bug
'70 vw camper van
'98 jeep tj
2010 ranger
'56 international s110
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

I think there is a difference between the HO dist. and a non-HO dist. if you try to intrechange them the cam will chew up the dist. drive gear and put metal shavings in the oil pan.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
clem

Post by clem »

I do belive your right, there is a difference. Maybe you can swap the gear?
'87 bII d44,9",np435/205and a 302 ( on hold)
'73 vw bug
'70 vw camper van
'98 jeep tj
2010 ranger
'56 international s110
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

don't know if it was mentioned but there is two different balance flywheels for the 302
onewontwo

Post by onewontwo »

Okay, so I have a clutch and I'm almost ready to drop the engine in for the first time. I have a few questions first about some parts on the BII. I had A/C, but I want to eliminate it so my first question is will I need this? I need to hack the plastic up for the valve cover so if I don't need it I'll have a much easier time, and I'll just plug the two holes that will be there.

What is this and do I need it? Where will the hoses hook up?

What are these hoses and where do they hook up?

Another question, will I keep the stock computer on the BII to control the dash lights and all that and install the 5.0 computer aswell or will the 5.0 computer take over.
Ranger Dave wrote:don't know if it was mentioned but there is two different balance flywheels for the 302
Thanks, I picked up a flywheel from 81. It should be the 50oz imbalance.

Still unsure about the distributer. I'll go pull a number off it and see what I come up with.

When it comes to the wiring of the harness I'm going to need some help so I hope you all can give me some advice when the time comes.

All I need now, front acc., rad, fuel rail, FI harness and computer!
onewontwo

Post by onewontwo »

I got the number e6sf 12a297. I googled it quick and the first link I clicked on said it was a TFI type distributer and is used with the EEC-IV computer which I believe is for fuel injection.

I don't know If I messed up with the way I did this but my upper and lower intake are 2 different years, the distributer is an 87, all the sensors are different years what are the chances of the plugs matching up? This is turning out to be a big mess on the control side.
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

E6SF-12A297, thats just the modual number

Make Model Year
FORD COUNTRY SQUIRE 91-87
FORD CROWN VICTORIA 91-87
FORD MUSTANG 89-87
FORD TAURUS 91-86
FORD TEMPO 91-85
FORD THUNDERBIRD 88-87
FORD LIGHT TRUCK AEROSTAR 92-90,87-86