4.0 motors

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
WaPaul

4.0 motors

Post by WaPaul »

I am have the option of going 302 or 4.0 With the 302, I would strip the motor, put a cap and rotor and carb on it and call it good.
Now the questions I have is, why cant a person do the same to a 4.0? Then all the wiring problems would not be a non issue. I am looking at the 4.0 more so, at this point its cheaper, and todays world money is not something I want to spend a whole lot of.

I found a 4.0 with 93k for $375.00 not sure on the year, but the miles say its at least 2000 or newer. It has the wiring harness too. My B2 is 1987
DBrown

Re: 4.0 motors

Post by DBrown »

you can't carb a 4.0L there is no distributor

I would go 302, better base and tons of aftermarket...
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

The 4.0 is actually not hard to set up.
if you have the wiring harness it is relatively easy. Use the harness that came with the 4.0. Remove the 2.9 harness and computer and put the 4.0 computer in the same place hook up the 4.0 harness and almost everything else is a piece a cake. Where a lot of people have problems is trying to make the 2.9 harness work by adding and changing wires. :cool:
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

I can kindof agree with that but not completely...

I did that exact thing, reomve one and install the other then make the connections at the fire wall on the driver side but it does take some time. it took me three tries to get it right.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com