Bronco II swap in a 4.0L

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Broncopower33

Bronco II swap in a 4.0L

Post by Broncopower33 »

Hello there, I just swapped in a 91 ford explorer 4.0L into my 90 b2. Getting the motor was the easy part for me. The motor is all bolted in and ready to go. I have all the wires and computer for the 4.0L, but I am lost, on were to start on the wiring???? Any help would be great?? I have OEM manuals for the cars, I just need a starting point. If anyone has a good starting point, please pass the information on.

Thanks
Danny
Attachments
b2.jpg
b2.jpg (15.15 KiB) Viewed 1982 times
vabronconut

Re: Bronco II swap in a 4.0L

Post by vabronconut »

Broncopower33 wrote:Hello there, I just swapped in a 91 ford explorer 4.0L into my 90 b2. Getting the motor was the easy part for me. The motor is all bolted in and ready to go. I have all the wires and computer for the 4.0L, but I am lost, on were to start on the wiring???? Any help would be great?? I have OEM manuals for the cars, I just need a starting point. If anyone has a good starting point, please pass the information on.

Thanks
Danny
as far as i know its a plug and play system swap. i would start my mounting the new eec, then connecting the harness to it and start laying out the harness.
87 bronco II 93 5.0 HO, NP435, 44 sas
DougR

Post by DougR »

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/index.php
:wtf: Look under engine rebuilds and swaps for the info you need.

A simple google search would have found this in seconds.
LOL well, Results 1 - 10 of about 33,900 for 2.9 to 4.0 bronco 2 swap. (0.33 seconds) that fast
Broncopower33

Post by Broncopower33 »

Will do, thanks man
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

I did one on an 86 and it is not a plug and play.

I started by stripping down the two harnesses side by side and labled all the wires where they connected.

also do one system at a time. ie fuel, alt., and so on. it will help you to not get overwhelmed.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com