Flickering headlights

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
bIIcool

Flickering headlights

Post by bIIcool »

I have a 1993 Ford Explorer. Recently I have been having my headlights blink/flicker on and off intermittnetly. The dash lights stay stedy. I have checked the fuse connections and the connectors to the lights themselves, but it all looks good. Does anyone have any suggestions?? :hmmm:
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

fallow the wires to were the ground is for the lights. It sounds like a ground problem, so make sure its good and solid.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

try pulling the head light connector off and clean the plug. mine did that and it was clogged with mud :redneck:
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Trigger_2001

Post by Trigger_2001 »

Maybe you have a cop version. lol
The Bronc Rider (is only 15!!)
OCD4B2

Post by OCD4B2 »

Yea the silicone gel inside will go bad and make it crap. Mine did the same thing after i was power washing it. Most likely its either water, mud or a loose connection. :idea:
230,000 miles and she still turns heads
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

It could also be the headlight switch. I had a T-Bird that did that same thing and it was the switch.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.