EXPERIENCES at 4 WHEEL PARTS

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.

Was your experience GOOD or BAD with 4WP

GOOD
50%
VERY BAD
50%

Total votes: 4

Z71sc

EXPERIENCES at 4 WHEEL PARTS

Post by Z71sc »

Note: All material is (alleged)

I have problems with Pro Comp Tires. :rolleyes:

I took my truck to an independent ASE facility for a second opinion and they stated that these PRO COMP tires were indeed DEFECTIVE which caused my vehicle to drift twards one way of the road after I had my brand new truck aligned.

One tire even developed a tiny bulge in it.

4 wheel Parts refused to refund and/or replace my tires (12,000 mile) even though I had purchased their $100.00 tire warranty. :wtf:

They :laugh: and stated in a redneck way :redneck: , "Unless the tire has visible damage, we cannot/will not warranty it. Funny, that's not what they said when selling me their tire warranty, "If anything goes wrong with the tire, we will replace it for free, no questiones asked."
I have posted this on a couple other sites already and people have replied stating thaty have had the same exact problems. They contacted PRO COMP directly and they shipped them (4) brand new tires w/o even seening and/or taking them back the other defective ones.

I wansn't aware of this approach, so I took the following actions that got a corporation into trouble, which really :mad2: upset them.

I decided to look their Company Reliability Report on the Better Business Bureau website located at ww.labbb.org. It stated the following below:

4 wheel Parts has an "Unsatisfactory Performance Record" with the Better Business Bureau when it comes to answering consumer complaints along with the following below:

*Delivery Issues
*Difficulty obtaining Refunds :mad:
*Overcharging:
*Poor Installation:::::::::::::::: :flipoff:
*Poor Customer Service
*Billing Disputes
*Failure to Deliver Ordered Merchandise /Missing Items/Incorrect Items

All this can be verified by obtaining a company reliability report from the Better Business Bureau at ww.labbb.org

If I had read the BBB reliability report on 4 wheel parts or somebody would have warned me, I would have not have spent $12,500.00 at their store. :puke:

If an "Improper installation and/or fraud" has been made upon your vehicle, for best results (first) file/send a report to the following (3) State/local agencies set up to help you below on the internet.

ww.badbusinessbureau.com :usa:
ww.autorepair.ca.gov
ww.bbb.org

Then immediately mail a copy complaint to the Bureau of Automotive Repair and the District Attorney's Consumer Protection Division for your State listed below:

Bureau of Automotive Repair (Main Office) :usa:
400 R Street, Suite 520
Sacramento, CA 95814
916-322-3333

Orange County District Attorney :mrgreen:
Consumer Protection Division
401 Civic Center Drive
Santa Ana, CA 92701

Consumer Protection Division :singlethumbup: :mrgreen:
Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office
201 North Figueroa St., Suite 1600
Los Angeles, CA 90012

A FULL NATIONWIDE LISTING OF ADDRESSES IS AVAILABLE AT www.ripoffreport.com by running a serch of 4 wheel parts.

For #1 Detailed Report & Photos visit http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff104095.htm

For #2 Detailed Report & Photos visit http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff112163.htm

For #3 Detailed Report & Photos visit http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff108276.htm
Attachments
Defective Pro Comp Tires
Defective Pro Comp Tires
Last edited by Z71sc on Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:50 am, edited 8 times in total.
Pig Pen Jr.

Post by Pig Pen Jr. »

Contact Pro Comp directly. A friend of mine had almost 20,000 on his Pro Comp M/Ts and the same problem as you. He contacted than and ended up getting a COMPLETELY NEW set delivered to his house for free. They even forgot to pickup his old ones and I ended up buying them for $50 then resold them for a trail rig for $200. :D
Z71sc

Chevy Girl?

Post by Z71sc »

I'm sorry, I'm a little occupied with her right now, where did you find her?
Does she come in a Chevy TOP. :eek:
Pig Pen Jr.

Post by Pig Pen Jr. »

I think I have sen them. I stole her from a guy on another board though.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I'm confused. Is this first hand experience? If it's not, then I don't really think you have the right to carbon copy this post all over the internet.

I personally haven't hand any problems with 4wheel parts. Then again, I buy don't much from them. What I do buy, is sitting on the shelf in the store. I am aware a lot of people have had problems with comstomer service. I think they probably do need a little work in the customer satisfaction area. Summit Racing would be a good role model.

A little advice. Purchase all big ticket items on a credit card. Credit cards provide consumer protection. They are on your side....for good reason....they want more of your money. If you have a legit problem with a product/transaction, you have every right to dispute the charges. Your credit card company will help you.

I purchased my current set of tires from 4wheel parts. I was also sold their no questions warranty. To date, I have warrantied 2 tires. Guess what, no questions asked. Nothing nadda. Did you know their warranty includes vandalism too, like if someone knifed your tires? I'll definately be buying my next set of tires from 4 wheel parts.
Last edited by Nobody on Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Z71sc

YES..........i do

Post by Z71sc »

I like you very much because you are very honest.

You say that you know a lot of people that have had bad experiences..OK

Regarding the usage of credit cards, yes, I put $7,500 on my VISA and did palce a hold on it...I don't have credit cards that go upto $15,000.00

I purchased a supercharger from them and upon initial installation, it had nothing, but problems.....severe detonation problems.

I worked with them moths......VISA only allows a 90 day hold....big mess.
I even involed the supercharger manufacture in the PROCESS.

Supercharger nmanfacture said on speakerphone, "Ground the truck and give him a rental car now." 4 wheel parts refused...it ok...he'll just drive the truck for now and not BOOST IT until we figure out what the porblem is.

The installation occured at only 6,000 miles on my brand new truck. I took my truck to a place where they only do BLOWERS and Superchargers, they dropped the oil pan......what do you think they found.

Installation silicone in the oil pick-up filter screen restricting oil flow causing an overheating condition....DETONATION.

The engine of my brand new truck turned into a "Grenade" machanics said destroying a brand new $50.000.00 truck.

I am out $7,500.00 in expenses and 4 WP hasn't paid a dime.

I am pushing for a violation on their license

I did not put this on the WEB...I put on the WEB, if anyone has a problem with this company and wishes to filea complaint...this is how to do it to get 100% results......I have every right to put this on the WEB....the truth is not LIBEL........go to www.labbb.org/ and obtain the comapny reliability report of 4WP.....................IT IS UNSATISFACTORY.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Well, it certainly sounds like you have a fine mess on your hands. I will say having 4 wheel parts install a super charger is just asking for trouble.

Seems 4wheel parts should have insurance for this sort of thing. What is their arguement?

I hope things work out for you.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I saw this on Pirate yesterday. Sorry about your problems, but it sounds to me that the problem isnt Pro Comp but with 4 wheel parts so your title is mis-leading. I for one love my Procomps. Sorry you have had problems with them, and I hope things work out.
Z71sc

loved mine too

Post by Z71sc »

loved mine too, very quiet on the freeway, just took a dump at 12K

Since i have posted this elsewhere, people have replied with the same problems at 20K and the factory PRO COMP just sending out a new pair w/o even looking at the old one and/or wanting the old ones back. :usa:
Z71sc

ACTUAL ACCUMULATING COMPLAINTS

Post by Z71sc »

Phillippi wrote:I saw this on Pirate yesterday. Sorry about your problems, but it sounds to me that the problem isnt Pro Comp but with 4 wheel parts so your title is mis-leading. I for one love my Procomps. Sorry you have had problems with them, and I hope things work out.
NOT MISLEADING AT ALL, because 4 wheel parts has a share in PRO COMP and due to the 200 email complaints on the PRO COMP TIRES, I say eeehhh :tongue2: Some complaints down below: :usa:

(Diesel Enthusiast Group: Diesel EnthusiastJoined: 08 July 2004Location: TexasPosts: 24 I bought a set of Xterrains for my Dmax and had nothing but problems. Drifting, front end shakes & tire wear. I pulled them off after 15k. Yes I got them from 4WP. I've had issues with them in the past.. I know better that to buy from them. They did the lift on my 1/2 ton and they told me 35" tires would fit no problem with this lift. Two days later I crushed the finders. They told me..well most people don't go offroading when they get a lift. I took the manager for a ride and found the deepest ditch I could find to show him the problem. All they would do is buy me a set of finder flares to cover the damage. I was hot.... They really need to get it together...__________________)

(As a ex employee of 4 wheel parts , although i dont agree with everything the guy said , most of the stuff he said is true , there in business to do one thing and thats take people's money, i commend him for getting the truth out there if he helps but one person not spend money there or not use bad tyres he has done his job , im sure you all remember the deal OTJ gave me on the diamond plate , did i get slammed for that sure but you know what bad news travels real fast in the automotive industry , do you see 4 wheel parts standing up or using there Lawyers to help us fight the tree huggers in our fight to keep land open to orv use "NO YOU DONT " they make billions of dollars from people yearly yet they have a bottem line of doing one thing making money,my hats off to you dude and good luck on your fight , Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want:)

(Contact Pro Comp directly. A friend of mine had almost 20,000 on his Pro Comp M/Ts and the same problem as you. He contacted than and ended up getting a COMPLETELY NEW set delivered to his house for free. They even forgot to pickup his old ones and I ended up buying them for $50 then resold them for a trail rig for $200)

(My truck came with Procomp tires on it. I have always kept the pressure at 50 lbs as recommended. I am a mechanic and have a compressor at home, so it is not a problem. Last year, I was drivinig down a highway when a tire threw the tread. The tire did not blow out. The tread just spun around the rim tearing up the rear right side of the truck until it completely came off. I almost lost control from the impacts of the tire against the truck. The tire still had 50 lbs of air when I took it off. It had 50 lbs when I had it taken off the next morning for a replacement.Procomp would not pay for damages from a faulty tire unless I sent the tire to them. I call my insurance and they paid for the damage but asked that I send the tire to procomp for them to look at. Procomp's report stated that the tire was exploded by a sharp object cutting the steel belts causing a blowout. That the tread was thrown off because of no air in the tire because of the blowout.That is a pure lie. The tire did not blow out. They would not send the tire back to me. I was going to turn it into the department of highways.Procomp covered up the fact that their tires are defective)

Online Status: Offline

I ordered five mounted and balanced sets of 31” X 10.5” BF Goodrich Mud Terrain (M/T) KM tires on 15" AR-23 American Racing wheels. Payment was by credit card over the telephone and all other additional information was taken by the representative to insure the delivery of the merchandise. He even read back my order to me and it was correct. I asked what proof would exist of the actual order that I placed. He said that there were recordings of the conversations of phone orders to deal with these types of situations and that the recording would be on the PC.

The shipment arrived and when I got home and unloaded the tires I realized that I had been given All Terrain T/As instead of Mud Terrain T/As. I immediately contacted the customer service center with my order number and spoke to the representative. He simply told me that the order said All-Terrain T/As and that I was mistaken. I stated that the situation was totally unacceptable and I demanded the mistake be corrected. He then stated that there was a price difference between the M/Ts and the A/Ts that I would have to pay that amounted to $23.00/tire. Assuming an honest mistake had been made, I stated that I was willing to pay the difference to get the tires I wanted (and had ordered). It’s not my desire to cheat anyone out of anything. If there was an honest mistake made (by 4wheelparts), and I had not paid the proper amount, I was willing to make-up the difference. I was however (and still am not) willing to incur any shipping related costs as the shipping of the errant order is absolutely not my responsibility.

He insisted that I was completely in error and that I would be at least partially responsible for shipping costs. I explained that it was 4wheelparts that was in error and that I was not willing to pay for any shipping. Then he accused me of “deciding I didn’t like the A/Ts when I got them home” and further suggested that I was trying to cheat the company. I explained that I had ordered correctly and that his refusal to absorb the shipping costs suggested strongly that the wrong tires had been sent either on purpose (to reduce costs as the M/Ts are a more expensive tire) or simply with a disregard for the accuracy of the order since few people would be willing to absorb the shipping costs to make the exchange. Simply put, the old Bait-and-Switch. I informed him that that type of activity amounts to fraud and I simply would not accept being a victim of it.

A heated argument ensued. At one point I asked to speak to his supervisor, and was told “this is as high as you’re going to go”. I insisted that the recording of my order be produced as evidence of who was actually in the wrong. I further stated that if a recording of my placement of the order incorrectly could be played for me, I would immediately apologize and accept my mistake. He told me that only his supervisor was authorized to listen to the recording. I was put on hold for about 4 minutes after which, he came back on the phone and told me that his supervisor had listened to the recording and that I had ordered All-Terrains, but that he was still willing to absorb some of the shipping costs. I was shocked. I asked why he’d be willing to absorb any shipping costs if I was clearly in the wrong, and told him that if he played the recording for me, as proof of an errant order, or emailed me the sound file, 4wheelparts wouldn’t have to absorb anything.

He then told me that 4wheelparts wouldn’t provide the recording without a court order. Again, I was shocked. I restated that if the recording said what he had just told me it did, I would apologize and the issue would be closed. He reiterated the need for a court order. I told him that since a court order was required, I’d have to contact an attorney. He got very upset and told me that “if I mentioned the word lawyer one more time, he was going to hang up.” I further stated, that his refusal to provide the recording that would definitively put the matter to rest, was a guarantee that either there was no recording, or that it had confirmed that I placed the order correctly. In either case, it was clear that we were no longer dealing with a simple mistake, but obvious dishonesty and falsehoods. I explained that I was absolutely not going to pay for any of the shipping charges, nor was I going to accept the errant merchandise.

(I guess i should have said a little more. Tthe tread pattern is exactly like the BFGs. Just look at them side by side. I did cut the side wall on one after having them for 2 weeks. 4wheel fawk ups wouldn't even think about replacing it, even with the waranty. I had them and ran them for 3,000 miles on an isuzu trooper, then sold them to my roommy. He has them on his Taco for 35,000 and going miles. So i would have to say the wear is not bad at all.)

(nuts, 4wheel parts just bent me over a week ago. In my book they are a bunch of crooks and i like the post. I ordered tires from them, told me free shipping, then charged me for shipping and a pallet fee. The d**n tires didn't even show up on a pallet. I asked if they were having any sales on tires because i could wait a month or so if needed, they told me no. Two days later i recieve an advertisment from them stating sale on all tires, and just above that there was a huge free shipping banner! What a load of nuts! So i called and the customer service guys said he couldn't answer any questions and told me to call back later and talk to an internet rep. That guy couldn't answer any questions and told me to call back later! 4WHEELPARTS SUCKS!!!!!!)

(I bought a fuel pump from them, had it shipped to me. When I got it, it was the wrong pump. I mailed it back. They wouldn't return the money, said "it was a used pump I mailed back"..(BullS!!!) I used a credit card to pay for it. So I called the credit card company, and told them that I returned that purchase and they refused to refund the money...by law, they credit card company has to challenge the company when you disputed a charge. I mailed the credit card company (capital one) a copy of the USPS shipping receipt, they took the charge off of my card, and got it back from 4WP...here is the real kicker...4WP then mailed to pump back to me...thinking that if I received it I would have to pay for it...but they mailed it back by putting a wrong "to:" address on it, so it was a "return to sender"..and the postage was free..they dodged the postage that way!!! ... but the postal clerk saw it when I picked it up, I had to fill out forms and give them a copy of the original shipping receipt...I don't know what happened, but I think the USPS was calling it mail fraud by 4WP....like I said though, I don't know what the USPS did, I just had to fill out a statment with my original shipping receipt copy. I got my money back and haven't heard a thing. I've never had problems with them before this...I had a lift and exhaust from there..no problems...but I'm not going back, after this fuel pump issue...that was a dirty little trick someone pulled to save $10.00 on shipping costs...it just seems like dirty business)

(While we are on the subject of crappy tires I'll warn you about MTR's, they suck. If you use them for anything but slickrock I hope you have a deep pocket. Mine are barely street legal after 12000 miles and I have rotated them every 2500 miles, and dont tow anything because my wrangler is too wimpy. BFG all the way.)
Attachments
WHEN SERVICE IS A NIGHTMARE
WHEN SERVICE IS A NIGHTMARE