Rust has eaten my radiator bracket ...

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
cdmiller

Rust has eaten my radiator bracket ...

Post by cdmiller »

My name is Chris and . . . I'm a Broncoholic.Hello ! ! !

I have a 1990 BII,took it to get a new exhaust system (nothing fancy,the old one had almost rusted away) and the guy said that I needed a new radiator bracket.He showed me what he was talking about and sure enough it was a rusted mess.The part that I'm talking about goes all the way across the bottom of the radiator (incase I'm calling it the wrong thing).
He also said that a body shop would have to do it and it was pretty expensive.He said that the entire front and fenders would have to be taken off or moved back to make the switch.

Sooo 2 questions ..1)Is the fix really that involved ?
2)Where do I find a new bracket ?
Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Chris
vabronconut

Re: Rust has eaten my radiator bracket ...

Post by vabronconut »

is this a daily driver? are you mechanically inclined? do you have some basic tools? you should be able to go to home depot and buy some sheet metal and patch that thing up. if you can't do that then buy a new core support drill out the spot welds and weld back at the exact same spots. yes this is allot of work and if its a daily driver it needs to be done right, if its a toy then you can get away with a half ass job.
87 bronco II 93 5.0 HO, NP435, 44 sas