Engine mounts

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
NativeNv

Engine mounts

Post by NativeNv »

I have my 302 to replace the woosy engine currently in my 85 Bronco II. I went to the site you mentioned, but it just leads to more sites. What I am looking for is which part and where you got your Engine mounts from. I want to make sure I get the right thing the first time. Help?!?!

Going to the local Pick and Pull this weekend to find my tranny. That "economic stimulus" comes this week so, doing my part to help the economy. :D
Love it fast and dirty!!! 4 wheelin that is!!
wilber

Re: Engine mounts

Post by wilber »

i know a few guys that use the stock 2.9 mounts, and make an adapter plate to bolt them to the 302 block. They have had better luck with them staying together than most v-8 mounts. It also lets you set the block right where you want it.
Dreded

Post by Dreded »

I just used flat pieces of metal with holes drilled in correct places, on the stock 2.9 mounts, it holds up great and engine sits perfectly I will see if I can locate a picture
4x4'ers Eat More Bush!
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

I had some james duff motor mounts that worked ok. I switched over to some bushing style ones i belt with my 351 swap. They were easy to make. Sorry no good pics of them.
Attachments
S5000851.JPG
S5000852.JPG