Lock-Right

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
yodaman1151

Lock-Right

Post by yodaman1151 »

So Nobody has Lock-Right, how many others in here use this product? I it worth my $300? and how hard is it to install for someone with no diff experience at all?
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Install on the lock-right is pretty straight forward. If you can follow directions then you can install one. As far as worth the money thats relative. I only paid 450 for a detroit so I returned the lock-right. It was worth it to spend 150 more for a detroit. If you cannot find a heavy duty locker for even close then lock-right might be perfect for you and mild wheeling.
yodaman1151

Post by yodaman1151 »

well thats really all i get a chance to do anyways
jwillie

Post by jwillie »

EBSteve and I installed one in my D35. The hardest part was dissasembling they entire front end to do so. I have only used it in the snow but so far have been very satisfied.
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

I have busted many shafts, joints and other front end parts with the Detroit e-z-locker in the front with no problems at all. It's the same as the lock rite and I have busted more front axles than I care to remember, imo well worth the cash.

Ranger 5.o, needing another project like Rosie O'Donnell needs another M&M.
vabronconut

lock right

Post by vabronconut »

i have had two of them, one in a ifs full size bronco and one in a early bronco, both were awsome on the trail, EXCEPT i got the same results as EBsteve, i busted allot of shaft ears, which is a pain in rear. i would never run one in the rear axle though, bust a shaft on a rear axle and your done for.
87 bronco II 93 5.0 HO, NP435, 44 sas
EBSTEVE

Re: lock right

Post by EBSTEVE »

vabronconut wrote: i got the same results as EBsteve, i busted allot of shaft ears, which is a pain in rear.
just for the record, I have busted many front end parts and I don't think it's the locker causing any of it.
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

just for the record, I have busted many front end parts and I don't think it's the locker causing any of it.

Ya, I believe it is operator error. :finger:
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

ranger5.0 wrote:

Ya, I believe it is operator error. :finger:
No I don't recall you ever driving it.