what wire is this

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
garagedude

what wire is this

Post by garagedude »

I have a 84 BII. I've got a yellow wire, which changes to red, which comes out of the harness on the passenger side that goes to the small terminal on the starter solonoid if thats what it is.... Any ideas on what this is? Also, are any of the wires HOT thats in the harness that runs the stock TFI system? OR, where should I disable all the wiring at that I'm not going to use when doing away with the stock ignition.
I May get Lost But I Don't Get Stuck

84 BroncoII, Locked, Winched, Big Tires,
Ruffinit

Post by Ruffinit »

I'm looking at the wiring diagram, but have not found any plain yellow wires that you're speaking of. I'll check my '84 tomorrow to try to answer your questions. When you say it's a yellow that changes to red, what exactly do you mean by that? Is it spliced or are you saying the color changes after going through a terminal?
garagedude

what wire is this

Post by garagedude »

passenger side, its a yellow wire, then it goes into a black small tube or connector, then its black..its weird, I want to cut it, but scared to yet..I can't tell if its a factory thing or not?? On another section of wires I found six wires rapped together, losely, with no covering at all !!!
I May get Lost But I Don't Get Stuck

84 BroncoII, Locked, Winched, Big Tires,