What does this line do ??

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Willie Two

What does this line do ??

Post by Willie Two »

On my 84 B2 2.8 there is a rubber line running from in front of the carb, at the base, going into the intake manifold almost directly below the previously mentioned carb connection. I thought it should be a vac. line but I see it is full of gas instead. Does this mean my carb bowl is flooding or set too high ?? Perhaps I have disconnected too much of the emission junk ??? Thanks for your help.............
Ruffinit

Post by Ruffinit »

Great, just had this same issue. It is a vacuum hose and it is for your power valve. The gas in the line means that your power valve's diaphram is torn. Take the number off the carb and go see NAPA, cost you $20. Amazing what it'll do for your performance! Oh.. Then change your oil, cuz it has been diluted by that gas being sucked into the manifold.
Willie Two

Post by Willie Two »

Would this power valve be what I call an acceleration pump liked to your throttle ???. Thanks.

I should have typed " Linked " not liked
garagedude

what does this line do??

Post by garagedude »

A power valve is only open usually under wide open throttle, or under heavy foot. They are made to open when vacuum reaches a low level or near zero. A throttle accelerator pump squirts gas down the throat when you open the butterflys to equal the gas/air mixture. If your accelerator pump goes bad you will have a hard time taking off but no problem after you get going because its not used then. The power valve is the opposite. Only works at near wide open throttle or heavy accelerating. Hope this helps.
I May get Lost But I Don't Get Stuck

84 BroncoII, Locked, Winched, Big Tires,
Willie Two

Post by Willie Two »

I found it, fixed it and all is well now. Thanks. Got to do that oil change now.