distributor question

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
garagedude

distributor question

Post by garagedude »

I'm doing away with my stock ignition..(DARN YES)..Is the spacer inbetween the dist. and the cap swappable when I change to my pinto dist. I bought a 2691 from advance and it didn't come with one? Is this a no brainer?
I May get Lost But I Don't Get Stuck

84 BroncoII, Locked, Winched, Big Tires,
Ruffinit

Post by Ruffinit »

My guess would be that if the distributor that you just bought doesn't have it, don't put it in. I don't think I've seen a distributor cap with a spacer, mine included. Can't hurt it to try though.

Ya know, we ought to have a forum for '84s... Almost like a whole different vehicle... :hmmm:
Willie Two

Post by Willie Two »

second vote from here :laugh:
garagedude

distributor question

Post by garagedude »

It won't fit without it??

ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

That is a adapter for the large cap. You will have to find smaller cap and rotor that will fit that app
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.
garagedude

distributor question

Post by garagedude »

After finding out that the cap adapter is hard to find for a stock ignition Advance doesn't offer one for the 2691 distibutor either, However...

When changing the 84 Bronco II to a duraspark ignition I've learned that when I ordered a distributor, Advance Auto part#30-2691 (single vacuum line) it doesn't come with a cap adapter to fit the larger cap. Advance doesn't list a cap adapter for that distributor. The cap adapter part # FR109 which fits about 20 other fords, will fit #2691 distributor. Along with those you will need a rotor#FR106 and a cap#FR121. The distributor and cap adapter both had to be special ordered.

Ruffinit

Post by Ruffinit »

I put this on your other distributor post, but I think it'll answer all your questions:

http://home.att.net/~performance2800/Co ... Specs.html