Bucking Bronco

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Paul

Bucking Bronco

Post by Paul »

Well I know most of you have heard of the Dreaded Bucking Bronco, due to clutch problems, well i found that the GKN style drive shaft in the rear being changed for a new spicer Universal joint drive shaft, and replacing front U joints throughout the front end, does wonders to take the buck out of the Bronco II............. funny how the Universal Joint in the front drive shaft loose, and the CV joint breaking in the rear can make it hard to troubleshoot a clutch............ reminder to always check thoroughly before assuming the worst is the blame, cost to repair....... $246.00 US dollars after Taxes in comparisson to $634.00 to have the clutch repaired...

im glad i took the time to check everything for myself, instead of listening to the transmission shop :hmmm: id say they wasnt very thorough either from what i seen. so here's to them. :finger: :flipoff: :finger: