Different wheels/rims

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
cdmiller

Different wheels/rims

Post by cdmiller »

I have a 1990 B2 with the automatic locking hubs for 4X4.The rims on it now are not factory or very nice looking for that matter,so my question is how to change rims with the auto lock gizmo in the center of the rim.Does that make sense ??
minibeast

Post by minibeast »

Changing out the rims will not be difficult. You just have to make sure the rims you buy/get have a large enough size hole to fit the hub. There are lots of 15x8 rims that will fit, but if it came off a jeep then be ware. I got ones from a jeep and had to mill out the center to fit the hubs. I've got a post on here with the pic.

Hope this helps
Paul

1990 bronco II rims

Post by Paul »

:wtf: ....all you need to do is find a set of rims to fit an explorer, its got the d35 stock under the 1990 model BII so its the same exact rims for the explorer to fit, but in actuallity the rims for an earlier model bronco II off an d28 will fit also. bt the explorer will be easier to find in junk yards and cheaper in respect for that matter.
1989 Bronco II 4x4
Mitsubishi 146 5 speed,
Stock D35
235/75/15
4.0L upgrade
NO LIFT
Crop Top