Brake and antilock lights on intermittently

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
bIIcool

Brake and antilock lights on intermittently

Post by bIIcool »

I have a 1990 bronco II. Recently I have been having my ebrake and antilock warning lights come on I don't know why. When they turn on they will stay that way until I turn off the ignition and then turning it back on. My e brake is not on and before I have only had the antilock come on when I start the vehicle then it would go away. I can see no pattern of time for the lights to come on. They may come on right away or I might not see them for a few days. When they do come on they stay on until I reset with the ignition. Does anyone know what this means? :hmmm:
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

My 89 did this all the time after I got bigger tires (30"+). Mostly did it in stop and go traffic or wheelin. I would check to make sure your pads arent gone. If its good then no idea except live with it. Rear only anti-lock brakes arent all that great.
bIIcool

Post by bIIcool »

Does anyone else know anything about this?
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Have you checked the overall condition of your brakes as phillippi suggested? Fluid level?