88 eddie bauer to 84 b2

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
hushmoons

88 eddie bauer to 84 b2

Post by hushmoons »

Will a rearend from a 88 eddiebauer b2 fit in a 84 b2 the 84 is a 2.8 the 88 is a 2.9 efi also how hard a engine swap would that be the 2.9 into the 84 b2 also ... the trannies interchangeable?
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

rearend is the same minus the rear antilock which wont make a difference to you.

The 2.9 is a direct bolt in if you get computer and wiring harness out of the donor. trannies are the same mounting from 2.8, 2.9 and 4.0L.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

i would make sure that the gear ratio is the same in both rear end's. ;)
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

oops yes thats correct. Or only use 2wd. :finger:
bigswede

Post by bigswede »

I`d dare say since you`re going from a carbed engine to FI, your entire fuel system will needd to be changed to the FI setup,which would include the lines and the tank. I think this would be more work than it`s worth. Plus the engine compartment wiring will be different due to the FI and it`s need for all the engine sensors. :puke:
hushmoons

Post by hushmoons »

Yea I dont think ill do the moter ill just mod the 2.8 up a bit how would I tell if the gear ratio is the same in the rearends and if they werent what would it cause thanks again
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

If you have 4wd then and the front and rear gears dont match it will bind and something will break. If its only 2wd then you will be fine.

On the rear bolts of the 7.5 there should be a metal tag with the ratio on it. If not count the pinion revolutions to the 1 tire. So 3 1/2 piion turns to one tire is 3.50. 3 3/4 to 1 is 3.73, etc
wilber

Post by wilber »

wouldnt 3 and 3/4 be 3.75? :finger:

best bet is to count the ring gear teeth and pinion teeth, do the math, and then you know for sure
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

wilber wrote:wouldnt 3 and 3/4 be 3.75? :finger:

best bet is to count the ring gear teeth and pinion teeth, do the math, and then you know for sure
Lick me :finger:
hushmoons

Post by hushmoons »

Ok thanks that should be pretty easy I have both here makin one bitchin ride out of 2 :cool: ok next question the eb has power windows and locks, doors are cherry on it i would like to just have the windows work not real interested in the locks working. theres a harness of 8 wires in the plug. black , red , blue/black, yellow/black pink/orange,pink/yellow , pink/black, red maybe just a few jumpers and a power supply but where should I start?
hushmoons

Post by hushmoons »

also if the ratios on the rearends differ would that just require a transfer case swao because mine leaks a bit in the 84 anywya i plan on swapping most evrything i can the eb has bad rust problem in back end or i just drive her my 84 is from Ga. good shape she is
Bob Myers

Post by Bob Myers »

hushmoons wrote:also if the ratios on the rearends differ would that just require a transfer case swao because mine leaks a bit in the 84 anywya i plan on swapping most evrything i can the eb has bad rust problem in back end or i just drive her my 84 is from Ga. good shape she is
No, changing transfer case would not cure mismatched rear/front gears.
If they are different just swap the front pig too, you probably need new ujoints any way so change them while you're there.
88 BII,4.0, 9"& D44/4.88 locked. 1350/1354 doubles
92 XJ-wifes toy