Has anyone ever tried these???

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Phillippi

Has anyone ever tried these???

Post by Phillippi »

I was wondering if anyone has used these to get the same wheel pattern front and rear? They are from www.performancewheel.com. These would be use to make my 7.5 5 on 5.4 ot 5 on 5.5.

wilber

Post by wilber »

taxman on rrorc has been runing them on his sploder for over a year now, and has no complaints.

also if your over there, check out rmyers, chubby is gettin him to make a set of em for his sploder
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

does rmyers making them? How much is he charging?
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

I have seen those on a full sized cheby with 20"s and I didn't like the way they looked. the wheels didn't line up right, to make enough contact with the rotor. the ones I saw were aluminum, :puke: . I jnow they would give you a temperary fix to the lug patern problem but I see them as a weak link. do you really want your wheel held on with an aluminum plate? just something to think about.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I dont know thats why I wanted to talk to someone who has used them. Yes they would be my weak link, but being a 7.5 behind a 5.0 id take that over ripping up the R&P... Just trying to get an idea of how to keep the same wheel patterns....
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

how long will you be waiting befor you put in the 8.8?
you might want to think about doing the front and rear at the same time. the only thing involved is a driveshaft alteration and moving the leaf perches to get the proper pinion angle and leaf width.
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Im thinking that I will keep the 7.5 for a while (like a couple of years) as I dont get on the gas that often. I want to keep a good locker (detroit in my 7.5) until I can find a good 9" or 60 that I can have cut down so its not soo wide. My mind keeps going back and forth on the FS axles right now....
wilber

Post by wilber »

pm rmyers hes a machinest and makes them...