6" lift dillema, for 28 or 35, will it fit either

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Paul

6" lift dillema, for 28 or 35, will it fit either

Post by Paul »

:confused:
ok guys i have a dilema, i have a 91 explorer 4x4 in the yard that was rolled over, and twisted up the frame pretty good, been sitting bout 4 years.

i just bought the 84 BII and i have the 89 BII which im going to lift the 89.

it seems i cant get the title for the 84 so im stripping it down, parting it out for obvious reasons, so i have 2 28's and a 35.

im gonna lift the 89 BII 6 inches...... skyjacker lift, but im wondering will the kit that is used for the 28 now, just till i break em all .......... LOL would switch to the 35 when im ready to.... i would rather know that i have the parts sitting at the house for a quicker fix if it did break, and just use the 28 for now, so thats my new dilemma, i really dont plan on using over 33" tires as its a daily driver only on occasion now since i got my chevy 2 wheel back running. and tyhe terrain isnt extremely bad here to try to manuver over, no rock climbing, mainly just mud trails, creek beds, stuff like that..

I believe experience is the best knowledge, so whats your thoughts guys...

im getting a few spare parts together, thinking about a frame buggy from the 84 BII frame still, but I am unsure as to yet..... maybe as a backup to tear up instead of the other or maybe to sell ...... HEHE ....... but the 89 has the 4.0 from the explorer it only had 74,000 miles on it and i rebuilt it before going in the 89, using sohc flat top pistons, and an upgraded cam for higher compression and power....... DYNO tested 280 HP...

so whats your thoughts to the lift fitting either the 28 or 35 will it be a problem later? if i want to switch it out later.... just becasue both are still under the trucks, and i dont have alot of time to spend pulling the 35 right now... and could then use it if i decided under the tube frame buggy when I build one.
1989 Bronco II 4x4
Mitsubishi 146 5 speed,
Stock D35
235/75/15
4.0L upgrade
NO LIFT
Crop Top
Bob Myers

Post by Bob Myers »

28 and 35 will use the same lift brackets on the Bronco. The lifts are specific to the vehicle
88 BII,4.0, 9"& D44/4.88 locked. 1350/1354 doubles
92 XJ-wifes toy
Paul

Post by Paul »

thanks bob i have opted not to lift it just yet, instead im in the middle of a crop top, its cut off and i am currently working on sealing for a short cab with removable rear panel and bed cover but thank you for the info sir........... it will be put to use in the near future.....
1989 Bronco II 4x4
Mitsubishi 146 5 speed,
Stock D35
235/75/15
4.0L upgrade
NO LIFT
Crop Top
TRUNK_MONKEY

Post by TRUNK_MONKEY »

i suggest build as strong as you can the first go around.dont put a weak spot in if you dont need to. you may be able to trade/sell off the 28's for other stuff you will find more useful.
heck maybe even consider a solid axle swap.